So let's cook!
Cast of Ingredients:
Pork chops- 4 boneless, mine are about 1/2- 3/4" thick
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cups water
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1. In a plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside 4 tsp of the flour mixture for the gravy.
2. Heat oil in skillet.
3. While oil is heating, coat the pork chops in the remaining flour mixture.
4. Brown pork chops in oil for 4 minutes on each side. Then place the browned pork chops in an empty crock pot. I usually spray the inside of my crock pot with cooking spray to help keep food from sticking.
5. Add the onion to the skillet which should have lots of tasty pork chops drippings left. Cook onion until tender- about 2-3 minutes.
6. Once the onions are tender, stir in the reserved flour mixture and cook until slightly browned. this takes just a minute.
7. Gradually stir in the water. Then add the bouillon, basil and thyme.
8. Stir together and bring to a boil. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly and smells divine.
9. Pour the gravy over the pork chops in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I usually serve the pork chops with these kind of potatoes.
They are easy and fast. Bake them, serve them up. I like to mash mine slightly and drown them in the gravy. You could also serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.