Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Taco Soup

I love Taco Soup!  My friend Gina gave me the recipe and it is one of my favorites.  The packet of ranch in it seems odd but you can't taste it at all.  I think it help cuts the spice a little and adds some creaminess.

 Ingredients:

1.5- 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey (I have used both and it tastes the same no matter which you use)
1 can Original Rotel tomatoes with green chilies- undrained
1 can corn- drained
1 can pinto beans- drained
1 can black beans- drained
1 packet ranch dressing (You can find this by the bottles of salad dressing in the store)
1 packet taco seasoning (I buy my taco seasoning in bulk at Costco, so I use 1/4 cup of seasoning)
3-4 cups of water (I usually use 3 because I like my soup less soupy)
3-4 beef bouillon cubes (Use 3 with 3 cups water or 4 with 4 cups water)
Toppings- cheese, sour cream, onion, chips, salsa or hot sauce etc


1.  Brown your ground beef (or turkey) in a large skillet.  Drain the fat if you want- I usually use very lean meat so I don't often have much fat to drain.


2.  Add corn, both beans and rotel.  I probably don't use quite the whole can if I'm using 1.5 lbs of meat and the whole can if I have more meat.  Stir it all up.

  
3.  Add the ranch dressing and taco seasoning.

  
4.  Add the 3-4 cups of water and 3-4 bouillon cubes.  Stir together until the seasonings and bouillon cubes are well mixed.  Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until all is hot.

  
 5.  Serve with assorted toppings.  I like to use my chips as scoops and eat the soup almost like dip.

 
6. YUM!

My husband likes this soup too though it's not something Caroline will eat because of the spice and the ground meat.  I have made this for other family and they all liked it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment